Clicky

Lansdowne – A Tranquility

lansdowne1_lahermitage
Lansdowne was founded and named after then viceroy of India, Lord Lansdowne in 1887. Lansdowne was developed by British for catering for the recruits training center of the Garhwal Rifles. Lansdowne was a major place of the activities of freedom fighters from British Garhwal during British period. Nowadays, the famous Garhwal Rifles of the Indian Army has its Command office here. It is one of the quietest hill Stations of India.

Lansdowne is popular since Britishers came to India. It is unlike other hill stations as it is well connected with motorable roads but remote in its own way. It is situated at an altitude of 1,700mts above sea level, surrounded with thick oak and blue pine forests in Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand. The buildings and church of Lansdowne built during British India,  date back to the pre-independence period. Lansdowne is an ideal location for echo-tourism.
lansdowne4_lahermitage

lansdowne2_lahermitage
It is well preserved by the government and the Garhwal Rifles. The salubrious weather and pristine environment of Lansdowne leaves an immortal impact on the tourists. It is the perfect place to meditate and rejuvenate your soul. Adventure activities like trekking, bird watching, boating, padding etc. can be done while a visit to Lansdowne. It is one of the most popular hill stations of Garhwal region when it comes to weekend destination.

Kalagarh Tiger Reserve (KTR) is the northern part of Jim Corbett National Park. KTR is spread over an area of 301.18 sq km which also includes Sonanadi Wildlife Sanctuary. Approximately, 70 % of Corbett falls in Pauri Garhwal district and rest comes under Nainital & Almora districts. KTR has four entry gates – Vatanvasa, Kalingo, Maidavan & Durgadevi.
It also has five forest rest houses (FRH) namely, Halduparo, Mundiapani, Rathuadhab, Kanda and Lohar Chaur.
lansdowne4_lahermitage